The Personal Care Aide training program is a minimum of 40-hours of nursing aide instructions including CPR training and Certification.
Graduates of this PCA program will be authorized to provide personal carenursing aide services to Medicaid Waiver recipients.
The American Heart Association’s BLS Course is designed for healthcare professionals and other personnel who need to know how to perform CPR and other basic cardiovascular life support skills in a wide variety of in-facility and prehospital settings.
This course will teach:
- High-quality CPR for adults, children, and infants
- The AHA Chain of Survival, specifically the BLS components
- Important early use of an AED
- Effective ventilations using a barrier device
- Importance of teams in multirescuer resuscitation and performance as an effective team member during multirescuer CPR
- Relief of foreign-body airway obstruction (choking) for adults and infants
The Nurse Aide course will be a 120 hours of instruction including the BLS CPR training and certification. The Nurse Aide course will prepare graduates to take the NNAAP exam in Virginia, to become a Certified Nurse Aide (CNA).